781-821-5070 ext. 3115
Hours Open Before School 7:30-1st Period After School Daily until 2:30 Late Bus Days by appointment- students must sign up during the day
The Nancy Mulry Library Media Center houses over 10,000 items. The library is fully automated using the Sagebrush/ Spectrum software locally. PC computers are used for academic research and creative tasks. Students must sign an Acceptable Use Policy to use the Internet
Ms. Stockwell-Alpert is available for research or reading help and students are encouraged to visit the LMC during posted hours.
The Canton Middle and High School Libraries exist to provide equitable access to resources and informational technology for instructional and recreational use. Library staff will provide all members of the learning community with the skills, resources, and tools necessary to participate as informed and productive global citizens of the 21st century. As the learning center of the school community, the library will support curriculum and professional development while also enabling students to pursue their individual growth and interests.
The mission of the Canton Middle and High School Libraries is to support all members of the school community with the resources and skills necessary to be successful readers, researchers, and users of information in the 21st century. To achieve this goal, the library staff will:
- Instruct students in the effective, efficient, and ethical use of resources and informational technology.
- Assist students in developing independent inquiry, research, and analytical skills for academic, personal, and recreational knowledge.
- Collaborate with faculty members to develop, enhance, and enrich the curriculum across content areas and grade levels.
- Create an environment which promotes curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in acquiring and presenting new information.
- Provide opportunities to use the most current applications of educational and collaborative technologies as they continue to evolve.
- Promote and encourage learning and reading for instructional and recreational use by presenting a variety of genres and media formats.
Canton Public Library and other Old Colony Library Network members
InfoTrac - Student Edition
InfoTrac - Access to Magazine Databases (in-school access only)
- Full-text magazines, news, encyclopedias, and e-reference books
- Britannica: Online School Edition
- Biography in Context
- US History in Context
- World History in Context
- Global Issues in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Science In Context
- Kids Infobits
- Follett Shelf e-Books
- Trails Hall B
- Trails Hall D
- Trails Hall G
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.