Information for Volunteers
To our CPS volunteers,
You help to make school a rich and meaningful place for students.
We couldn't do it without you.
Volunteers with direct and unmonitored interaction with students
- tutoring, coaching, extracurricular activities
- one-on-one support in classrooms and/or in extracurricular programs
- chaperoning field trips (day or overnight)
Fingerprinting not required
Volunteers working under supervision of professional staff
- room parents
- guest speakers
- volunteers at field day events
Please check with your building principal if you need clarification.
Instructions to Register
- Click on Online Scheduling
- Enter First Name and Last Name
- Under Agency/Sector, select Pre-K - 12th Grade Education (ESE)
- Select Licensed Educator or All Other School Personnel
- Confirm Agency
- Enter Canton’s Provider ID: 00500000 (you can add additional providers on the next page)
- Confirm Provider Name
- “Enter a zip code to determine the closest fingerprinting location.” – Select any location that is most convenient for you.
- Choose a date and “Click to Schedule.” You will be offered available times.
- Agree to Terms
- Complete demographics for fields marked with a *
Please note that while credit cards are accepted when payment occurs at time of online registration, only checks or money order will be accepted on the day of the appointment.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.