It's the law.
All public school workers must complete a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Steps to take
- Find an IdentoGo location
- Schedule an appointment
- Read the SAFIS Registration Guide
- Sign the Background Checks Acknowledgment form
- Gather acceptable forms of identification
- Read the legal FAQs on background checks
- Change, correct, or update your national criminal history record response
- Provide a copy of your fingerprinting receipt to the HR office
Canton Public Schools Provider ID: 00500000
DESE-licensed employees: $55
All other employees: $35
Done this before?
If you have already been fingerprinted for another Massachusetts school district, ask that district to send Canton a suitability determination letter.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.